Building on WIn2K

Niels Möller nisse@lysator.liu.se
22 Nov 2002 22:31:01 +0100

Torbjorn Granlund <tege@swox.com> writes:

> If people feel a strong urge to use that assembler for GMP's code,
> then somebody should write a tool taking m4 output and rearranging
> the operands. Such a tool could perhaps be integrated in GMP.

That shouldn't be terribly hard. I remember writing som elisp for
converting between Motorola and Sun syntax for m68k some ten years
ago.

But what's the real problem here? There's no object file format that
is supported by both gas and M$ compilers? If so it's probably a
better solution to either improve gas/bfd, or write some separate tool
to convert the object files.

/Niels